- Category: Uncategorised
- Published: Wednesday, 19 April 2017 05:20
- Written by Super User
- Hits: 3828
Our personal information handling policy and procedures have been developed in line with the requirements of the 1995 European Union Data Protection Directive (Directive 95/46/EC) and the General Data Protection Regulation and applicable national law.
What information do we collect?
We collect and process personal data about you when you interact with us and when you purchase services from us. The personal data we process includes:
- your name;
- your work address, email address and/or phone number;
- your job title;
- your delivery address/es
- information related to the browser or device you use to access our website;
- internet browser and operating system;
and/or any other information you provide.
How do we use this information and what is the legal basis for this use?
We process the personal data listed above for the following purposes:
- to fulfil a contract with you - if you enter into an agreement to provide or receive services. This may include verifying your identity, communicating with you, providing customer services and arranging the delivery or other provision of services. We require this information in order to enter into a contract with you and are unable to do so without it;
- to comply with applicable law and regulation;
- in accordance with our legitimate interests, in protecting legitimate business interests and legal rights, including but not limited to, use in connection with legal claims, compliance, regulatory and investigative purposes (including disclosure of such information in connection with legal process or litigation);
- to monitor use of our websites and online services. We may use your information to help us check, improve and protect our services and website, both online and offline, in accordance with our legitimate interests;
- with your express consent to respond to any comments or complaints we may receive from you, and/or in accordance with our legitimate interests including to investigate any complaints received from you or from others, about our website or services;
- we may use information you provide to personalise our communications to you; our website; and products or services for you, in accordance with our legitimate interests;
- any customer account to prevent, investigate and/or report fraud, terrorism, misrepresentation, security incidents or crime, in accordance with applicable law and our legitimate interests;
- we may use your information to invite you to take part in market research or surveys.
- We may also send you direct marketing in relation to relevant products and services. Electronic direct marketing will only be sent where you have given your consent to receive it, or (where this is allowed) you have been given an opportunity to opt-out.
You will continue to be able to opt-out of electronic direct marketing at any time by following the instructions in the relevant communication.
With whom and where will we share your personal data?
We may share your personal data with the below third parties:
- our professional advisors such as our auditors and external legal and financial advisors; market research companies;
- our suppliers, business partners and sub-contractors; and/or
- search engine and web analytics.
Personal data may be shared with government authorities and/or law enforcement officials if required for the purposes above, if mandated by law or if needed for the legal protection of our legitimate interests in compliance with applicable laws.
Personal data may also be shared with third party service providers who will process it on behalf of amtri veritas for the purposes above. Such third parties include, but are not limited to, providers of website hosting, maintenance, call centre operation and identity checking.
In the event that our business or any part of it is sold or integrated with another business, your details will be disclosed to our advisers and those of any prospective purchaser and will be passed to the new owners of the business.
How long will you keep my personal data?
We will not keep your personal information for any purpose for longer than is necessary and will only retain the personal information that is necessary in relation to the purpose. We are also required to retain certain information as required by law or for as long as is reasonably necessary to meet regulatory requirements, resolve disputes, prevent fraud and abuse, or enforce our terms and conditions.
Where you are a client, we will keep your information for the length of any contractual relationship you have with us and after that for a period of 24 months.
Where you are a prospective client and you have expressly consented to us contacting you, we will only retain your data (a) until you unsubscribe from our communications; or, if you have not unsubscribed, (b) while you interact with us and our content; or (c) for 24 months from when you last interacted with us or our content.
We will retain your data for a short time beyond the specified retention period, to allow for information to be reviewed and any deletion to take place. In some instances, laws may require amtri veritas to hold certain information for specific periods other than those listed above.
Where are my data stored?
Your data will be stored within the UK on our secure servers.
What are my rights in relation to my personal data?
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data, or by informing us that you’d like to unsubscribe on any communication we have sent to you or by contacting us.
Where you have consented to us using your personal data, you can withdraw that consent at any time.
If the information we hold about you is inaccurate or incomplete, you can notify us and ask us to correct or supplement it.
You also have the right, with some exceptions and qualifications, to ask us to provide a copy of any personal data we hold about you.
If you have a complaint about how we have handled your personal data, you may be able to ask us to restrict how we use your personal data while your complaint is resolved. In some circumstances you can ask us to erase your personal data (a) by withdrawing your consent for us to use it; (b) if it is no longer necessary for us to use your personal data; (c) if you object to the use of your personal data and we don't have a good reason to continue to use it; or (d) if we haven't handled your personal data in accordance with our obligations.
Where can I find more information about amtri veritas’ handling of my data?