Senior Compliance Engineer Vacancy
- Category: News
- Published: Wednesday, 24 January 2018 12:50
- Written by Super User
- Hits: 1925
Vacancy - Senior Compliance Engineer
Great opportunity to work at a senior level on diverse and interesting projects for UK and global top companies.
amtri veritas is a Machinery Directive Notified Body with 25 years of experience in machinery safety. We are UKAS accredited and also providing management system certification.
Due to continued growth we are looking for our Macclesfield office for a competent and practical engineer who can work independently, assimilate new information quickly, work on a wide variety of projects and who is experienced in machinery, CE compliance and working with C Type-standards.
Senior Compliance Engineer
The activities involve:
- Inspecting machines and integrated assemblies of machinery for safety. The machinery is often large, complex and unique in design
- Reviewing technical files for CE compliance
- Providing technical support on safety issues to companies designing machinery and assemblies of machinery
- Assisting in compiling CE compliant technical files
- Review, assess and support the design of CE compliant safety related control systems.
The job requires regular travel mainly within in the UK and occasionally abroad.
Skills and requirements:
- Mechanical or electrical degree educated engineer with sound academic qualifications from school and university
- Broad industrial experience ideally gained across a range of different manufacturing companies.
- An experienced eye for spotting both obvious and obscure hazards with a practical hands-on approach to identifying methods of risk reduction.
- Excellent communication skills; ability to write clearly in English; tact and diplomacy in customer interaction
- Attention to detail: ability to understand, interpret and apply legal requirements and standards
- A good understanding of what it means to work in an impartial manner
Previous experience in this role or in the safety/compliance sector is not expected. However it will be necessary for the successful candidate to show an understanding of those requirements and to have had experience in their implementation.
The job is likely to suit someone who has had first-hand experience of the hazards in manufacturing; typically in the role of chief engineer, maintenance manager or special-purpose machinery design/commissioning.
If successful, you will be offered a competitive salary up to £60,000, a workplace pension, 25 days annual leave + bank holidays, and support with Continuous Professional Development.